The centralized hydrology model, ImechTV1, is based on the Nielsen-Hansen theory (used in Mike Nam), which simulates flow formation using its own non-spatial sub-derivative equations that are constant in space.
- The model belongs to the type of determining model, centralized parameters, and is a continuous simulation model, parameters and variables that present the average value for the entire basin.
- The model consists of 4 tanks, the principle of calculation in each tank is to solve the equation of balance according to the nonlinear law (sprint curve).
- The model simulates the continuous flow through the calculation of water balance in four vertical tanks, which interact with each other to express the physical properties of the basin.
The tanks include:
+ Snow tank (only applicable to snowy areas).
+ Surface tank: the amount of water in this tank includes the amount of rainwater blocked by the plant coating, the amount of water deposited in the sunken areas and the amount of water in the layer close to the face.
+ Side tank or tree root tank: is a land with roots, so trees can suck water for evaporation.
+ Underground tank
- The input data of the model is rain, potential evaporation, and temperature.
- The output of the model is flow on the basin, groundwater level, and other information in the hymn cycle, such as a temporary change in soil moisture and the ability to replenish groundwater. The basin flow is roughly separated into face flow, face-close flow, underground flow.
- The calculation model is regulated by flow, exploiting water sources for electricity generation, water traffic, irrigation (especially in dry areas), water supply, water source management, water quality.
- Hydrology calculations to prevent dangerous phenomena in rivers such as floods, inundation, droughts,... as well as very important for serving irrigation systems, serving the construction and exploitation of hydropower works, serving irrigation, serving waterway traffic.
- The model uses advanced parallel computing techniques that reduce calculating tme, repeatedly tested with many detection algorithms for many different basins. This study has made the forecasting process better when it can take advantage of the advantages and disadvantages of each method to apply to each specific basin.